A servant-leader with a servant’s heart for others, Ms. Cynthia Foskey oversees Executive Administration and Contracts for Southeastern Community Action Partnership. With over 26 years of experience in community and non-profit sector work, Ms. Foskey holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Management.
Request for Quotation
Eight (8) New L.E.D. Signs for Head Start Centers
Basic item description/specifications: Signs should include the specifications but are not limited to: Infinity QR-full color double sided LED display, over all sign height 6’0”, width 5’11”, LED active display area: 1’7” X 5’6”. The identification cabinet will be the same color blue or close to the color blue used in our name and read at top [individual center name] and below to read SOUTHEASTERN COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP, INC. HEAD START. All signs are to be delivered to each individual site by vendor, including full installation, programming and training of use on all signs, clean up and disposal of debris as well as checking and adhering to all zoning laws and obtaining proper permits.
Download the RFP here.
Download the LED signage location guide.
Southeastern Community Action Partnership is requesting quotes for the following:
- OUTDOOR LED MARQUEE SIGNS REQUIREMENTS
- OPTEC IS THE REQUIRED MANUFACTURER – ONLY DISCRETE (DIP) LED PIXELS WILL BE ACCEPTED – – NO SMD LED PIXELS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- TAA COMPLIANCE REQUIRED
- LED MARQUEE SPECIFICATIONS
- OPTEC MODEL: INFINITY MOD
- LED Active Display Area: 1′ 7″x 5′ 6″
- LED Pixel Pitch: 16mm
- LED Pixel Matrix: 30x 105, Rows x Columns
- Total Pixels: 3,150 per Side
- Three (3) LEDs per Pixel: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue
- Ultra-High Brightness: +10,000 Nits
- Color Processing: 16-bit Grayscale
- Color Palette: 281 Trillion Colors
- Contrast Enhancement: Black Mask with Light Reflection Design
- Refresh Rate: ±1920 Hz, Adjustable
- Video Frame Rate: 60 FPS Video Playback for Smooth Full Motion Video
- Dimming: 100 levels of brightness
- Brightness Control: Manual Through Software or Automatic Through Sensor Device
- Color temperature: 6,500K, Adjustable
- Viewability: 140 degrees horizontal & 70 degrees vertical
- Graphic Capability: Text, Animations, Video Clips and Photos
- Display Dimming: 100 levels – Video Frame Rate: 60 Frames per second
- Average LED Life: 100,000 hours
- Power Supply: Fanless Power Supply with Heat Sinks
- LED Cabinet Construction:
- Extruded Aluminum
- Welded Construction
- LED Cabinet Size: 2′ 0″x 5′ 11″
- Perforated Side Filler Panels for Unitized Appearance
- Two (2) Individual LED Cabinets Acting as a Double-Sided Display
- Front Ventilation: Natural Convection – Intake from Bottom – Exhaust from Top.
- Cooling Fans with Separate Thermal Switches for Every Fan
- Weatherproofing: IP65 & IP54 Front & Rear
- Manufacturing Quality Standard: ISO 9001
- Compliance: FCC Part 15, ETL and UL 48
- Certifications: SGS, CE, ETL, FCC, UL, UL-Energy Certified
- LED Display Electrical & Operating Requirements
- AC Power: 120/240VAC 60Hz
- Max Draw: 6.3 Amps / 120-volt, 3.15 Amps / 240-volt
- Operating Temp. / Humidity: ± -30°~140°F / ±10~90%
- Cloud-based Software
- Control, Network and Diagnose Displays from Anywhere
- Remote Diagnostics: Display Power, Data, Tile, and Pixel Health through Remote Connection.
- Software Training: Lifetime Software Training at No Additional Charge.
- Communication: Lifetime Cellular Data Communication
- LED Display Warranty
- Advance replacement part warranty
- No cost to the customer for receiving or returning any components
- Replacements are typically shipped within 48 hours, 2 business days
- Five (5) Year Parts Warranty
- Ten (10) Year Part Availability Guarantee
- Identification Cabinet
- Dimensions: 2′ 0″x 5′ 11″ (HxW)
- Double Sided
- 20″ Deep
- All Aluminum – Unitized
- High-strength and All-welded Cabinet Frame
- Energy Saving Internal LED Illumination
- Day-Night Light Sensor
- Unbreakable Solar Grade Polycarbonate Faces
- Decorated Internally with Digitally Printed 3M Vinyl
- Dual Pole Mount
- Two (2) HSS Steel Columns
- Aluminum C-Wrap for Pedestal Appearance
- Overall Sign Height 6′ 0″
- Leg Width: 2′ 4″
- Entire Sign Engineered for 125mph Wind Load
- Quotations must be returned in a sealed envelope marked “Quotation – Bid for eight LED signs,” addressed to Southeastern Community Action Partnership, Inc. Attn: Philip McRae Maintenance Technician II, 405 N. Elm St., Lumberton NC 28358 for inside delivery or mailed to Post Office Box 1025, Lumberton NC 28359.
- Quotations must be received at Southeastern Community Action Partnership, Inc, no later than 10:00 a.m. EST. Thursday, December 8, 2022.
- Quotations received and not conforming to items 1.1 and 1.2 above will be returned unopened to senders without consideration.
- Request for quotations have been requested to afford Bidders a more flexible opportunity to employ expertise and innovation and thereby satisfy SCAP’s needs in more cost-effective manner.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Bidder to make sure that they receive all information before the closing date in their cover letter.
- Your proposal shall clearly show your complete company name. The nearest location to the SCAP Corporate Office (address above), e-mail, and telephone number of the primary contact person(s).
- All quotations submitted should include two (2) hard copies of your proposals.
- Responses may be withdrawn before the deadline upon written notice; e-mails of notice will be accepted) addressed to Cynthia Foskey, the Executive Administrator, at the above-noted address. Notices of withdrawal may be faxed to 1-910-291-3054 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawn responses may be replaced by alternative responses providing written notice that an alternative proposal will be submitted (facsimiles and e-mails of notice only will be accepted) and delivered to Cynthia Foskey at least twenty-four hours before the deadline for the closing noted herein.
- All quotations received because of this RFQ must be open for acceptance for ninety (90) days from the Closing Date.
- After the closing time and date, all proposals received by SCAP become the agency’s property.
- Southeastern Community Action Partnership, Inc. is called “SCAP.”
- The entity submitting a quotation is referred to as the “Bidder.”
- The successful Bidder is referred to as the “Prime Contractor.”
- “Contract” means the written agreement resulting from this Request for Quotation, per this Request for Quotation.
- SCAP recognizes the importance to Bidders that their ideas and strategies remain confidential; otherwise, they may be reluctant to disclose such information. SCAP will endeavor to respect and protect the confidentiality of such information and will treat it as supplied in confidence within the meaning of section 21 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- The Prime Contractor may be provided access to confidential information solely to complete this project. Any use of the information for purposes other than those stated is in contravention of this agreement and will result in the cancellation of this agreement in addition to any other legal remedies available to SCAP.
- Copyright or Ownership
- All documents, reports, working papers, or other materials submitted to SCAP shall become the sole and exclusive property of SCAP, in the public domain, and not the property of the Prime Contractor. SCAP will have the exclusive rights to copy and use the material in connection with the implementation of this Agreement and as reference material for future works at SCAP.
- Proposed Duration of the Contract
- The duration of the Contract resulting from this Request for Quotation will be determined following the review of the quotation and is dependent on SCAP’s budget. SCAP reserves the right to modify or negotiate the duration of the contract independently.
- Your Fee Proposal total should identify the sale price, taxes, installation fee or any additional add-ons (total for one complete unit(s).
- The lowest-priced quote will not necessarily be selected, but that quotation is determined to be the most advantageous to SCAP.
- All invoices paid because of this Request for Quotation will be paid per SCAP’s standard payment terms. All invoices should be submitted as a printed document to SCAP, Attn: Accounts Payable, P. O. Box 1025, Lumberton, NC 28359.
- Cash on delivery – after a thorough inspection by Tonie Brite Head Start/Early Head Start Director and Maintenance Technicians or designee and acceptance of the units, payment will be provided by the Accounting Department.
- In carrying out these works, the Bidders will act independently. The Bidders must agree to keep SCAP indemnified against any, all claims, actions, or demands that may be brought, made, or arise in respect of anything done by the Bidder or its employees shall always remain for all purposes, the employees of the Bidders, save and except to the extent that such claims, actions or demands arise from or relate to the negligence, wrongful act or omission of SCAP, or any of its officers or employees.
- Conflict of Interest
- Bidders must ensure they are not in a position perceived as a conflict of interest.
- Limitations of the Bidders
- The Bidder shall not hire or use SCAP’s employees to perform any portion of the work or services required under the agreement, including secretarial, clerical, and other similar duties. The Bidder may contact SCAP’s employees for clarity regarding the specifications of this RFQ.
- Compliance with Law
- The Prime Contractor shall comply with and observe all applicable laws and relevant state and federal regulations and requirements.
- SCAP reserves the right to cancel this Request for Quotation at any time and any reason, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or suffered by any Bidder as a result of that cancellation.
- SCAP reserves the right to cancel (for cause or convenience per 45 CFR Appendix II Paragraph B) the Contract resulting from the RFP, at its sole and absolute discretion, with 30 days’ written notice to the Prime Contractor, and the Prime Contractor will have no rights or claims against SCAP. Convenience shall be defined as 1) when SCAP requirements are reduced or eliminated or 2) the Prime Contractor fails to comply with any contract terms and conditions 3) the contractor fails to provide SCAP, upon request, with adequate assurance of contract-compliant future performance. Cancellation would not, in any manner whatsoever, limit SCAP’s right to bring action against the Prime Contractor for damages for breach of contract.
13.1 Bidders are solely responsible for their expenses in preparing a quotation and subsequent negotiations with SCAP if any. If SCAP elects to reject all proposals, SCAP will not be liable to any Bidder for any claims. Whether for costs or damages incurred by the Bidder in preparing the quotation, loss of anticipated profit in connection with any product, or any other matter.
13.2 Without limiting the provision of the previous clause, the Bidder, by submitting a proposal, agrees that it will not claim damages, for whatever reason, relating to the Contract in respect of the competitive process, including any costs incurred by the Bidder in preparing its quotation and the Bidder, by submitting a quotation, waives any claim for loss of profits if no Contract is made with the Bidder.
14.0 Responsibility of Bidders Including Debarment or Suspension
14.1 Each bidder is responsible for informing themselves as to the contents and requirements of this quotation. Each bidder is solely responsible for ensuring that they have obtained and considered all information necessary to understand the requirements of the Request for Quotation and to prepare and submit their proposal. SCAP will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or expense incurred by a Bidder as a result of any inaccuracy or incompleteness in this Request for Quotation or a result of any misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the terms of the Request for Quotation on the part of any Bidder.
14.2 If the Bidder is in doubt as to the true meaning of any part of this Request for Quotation or finds omissions, discrepancies, or ambiguities, a request for interpretation or correction may be submitted to Philip McRae Maintenance Technician II, via email to email@example.com and if deemed necessary by SCAP, an addendum will be posted at https://scapnc.org and e-mailed to all firms registered as having received this Request for Quotation. This procedure applies should SCAP, of its own accord, wish to expand or delete any part of this Request for Quotation.
14.3 The Bidder certifies, by submission of this proposal, that neither it nor its principals are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency.
- Accuracy of Information
- SCAP makes no representation or warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in or referred to in the quotation proposal.
- If any director, officer, employee, agent, or another representative of a Bidder makes any representation or solicitation to the Chairperson, any Director, officer, or employee of SCAP concerning the Quotation proposal, whether before or after the submission of the Proposal, SCAP shall be entitled to reject the Quotation.
- All publicity relating to this project is subject to the approval of SCAP and no mention of the project in advertising or articles in any publication will be permitted unless authorized in advance, in writing by SCAP. Publicity or advertising implying endorsement or a product by SCAP will not be permitted.
- The Prime Contractor shall not make any statement of fact or opinion regarding any aspect of the Request for Quotation or resulting contract to the media or any member of the public without prior written authorization of SCAP.
- Evaluation Process
- An evaluation committee made of SCAP staff will review the proposal submissions. SCAP reserves the right to accept any or none of the proposals submitted and will evaluate proposals based on the best value offered to SCAP and not necessarily the lowest price.
- SCAP reserves the right to seek clarification of any proposal of identifying and eliminating minor irregularities or informalities.
- SCAP reserves the right to conduct or not conduct a pre-selection interview and/or presentation of proposed equipment with Bidders. The purpose of the meeting (if any) would be to have the Bidder explain and clarify their proposal to assist the evaluation team in evaluating each proposal.
- SCAP further reserves the right to conduct post-selection meetings to correct, change or adapt the selected quotation proposal to the wishes of the selection committee.
- The Bidder acknowledges that SCAP shall have the right to reject any and all proposals for any reason or to accept any Quotation Proposal which SCAP, in its sole unrestricted discretion, deems most advantageous to itself. The Bidder acknowledges that SCAP may rely upon criteria that SCAP deems relevant even though such criteria may not have been disclosed to the Bidder. By submitting a quotation, the Bidder acknowledges SCAP’s right under this clause and waives any right of action against SCAP for SCAP’s failure to accept the Bidder’s proposal.
- Proposed Timetable
19.1 The timetable for the RFQ
The selection process is anticipated to be
As follows: Acknowledgement of
Receipt of deadline November 28, 2022
Proposal Deadline December 8, 2022
Evaluation Process Completion TBD
Seek Approval Board of Directors TBD
19.2 NOTE: SCAP reserves the right to amend and/or change this schedule of RFQ events as it deems necessary.
20.0 Contract Award and Execution
20.1 SCAP employees will not award this Contract until approved by the Board of Directors. The RFQ and proposal of all Bidders shall be presented to the full Board of Directors for approval and award of the Contract.
- All inquiries regarding this Request for Quotation must be directed in writing to Philip McRae, Maintenance Technician II, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or 910/277-3518. All questions should be received at least 5 (five) days before the closing time and date.
- Any verbal representations, promises, statements, or advice made by employees of SCAP other than that offered through the office of the Executive Administrator should not be relied upon.
The vendor is responsible for delivering units to each individual Head Start Center site unless otherwise instructed by the Head Start Program.
The following information is to be included in your quotation proposal.
Your quotation should include a Cover Letter containing the following information:
- Company Name, address, website address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, and primary contact person.
- Signed by the person authorized to sign on behalf of the company.
Experience and Qualifications
Describe your company, including the following:
- A general statement of competence and expertise.
- Overview of the company, with a profile ad brief history of the Proponent. (Include a brochure of the buses.
- Years of experience.